January 20, 2012
Who's Using Rugged Tablet PC Systems
Just as tablets have become indispensable to consumers, rugged tablets are becoming more integral to business.
At first, Rugged Tablet PC systems were used by the military, where they had to be able to withstand very hostile environmental conditions. But over time, they've found uses in a number of other industries, including:
- Field Service
- Manufacturing and Warehousing
- Transportation and Logistics
- Field Sales and Service
- Food and Beverage Distribution
- Military and Public Safety
Meanwhile, new studies show that tablets and other handheld devices are now outselling laptops 2-to-1. With such widespread adoption, many companies are likely to find that rugged tablets make business more efficient, seamless, and ultimately more cost-effective.
When Should I Start Using Rugged Tablet PCs?
Rugged tablets are ideal for companies that typically deploy laptops to their field workers, or those that issues PDAs and other handheld devices to their mobile workforce. Other companies find that rugged devices are especially useful for their warehouse operations.
But not everyone is immediately sold on rugged tablets. A lot of people still don't know if their features and benefits justify the up-front cost. Answers to a few key questions can help them decide:
- Is the device exposed to water and shock?
- Is it likely to be dropped?
- Does the user travel often, or work off-site?
- Will it have to work in extreme temperatures?
- Does it need a long battery life?
- What functions does it need to perform?
- Will it be used during most of the workday?
But how rugged is rugged enough? Tell us about your application.
January 18, 2012
Test to see use of entry categories.