Global manufacturer Morganti Spa deploys Panasonic Toughpad rugged tablets to warehouse staff
BRACKNELL, UK, Nov. 29, 2017 — Italian manufacturing company Morganti Spa, famous for the design and manufacture of power tools, workwear and safety devices found across building sites worldwide, has partnered with Panasonic to digitalise its former paper-based logistics department and arm its staff across three warehouses with fully rugged Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 tablets.
"When choosing the most suitable tablet for us, I was immediately attracted by Panasonic Toughpad devices," says Alberto Morganti, General Manager of Morganti Spa. "Even though our assessment involved tablets from many brands, our final decision has been driven by the guarantee of robustness that Toughpad devices offer."
Another key feature in the decision was connectivity functionality. The company's warehouse management system is based on customised and extremely detailed software that registers goods pick-up, shipping and weighing, as well as handling inventories and troubleshooting. A web application, the software isn't actually installed on the tablets, and so superior connectivity is a must. "We need an immediate exchange of information among the three warehouses; every second lost because of an unstable connection slows operations down and results in money loss," states Morganti.
The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 tablets were installed onto forklift trucks, operating daily across Morganti Spa's three warehouses. "In order to make operations easier for our workers, we mounted the tablets on supports specially designed by us, and directly powered to ensure seamless functioning, despite their already long battery life," explains Morganti.
Designed to be tested
Employees are now equipped with fully rugged Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 tablets, with a 10.1-inch capacitive, multi-touch screen display. With their IP65 certification, the devices can resist drops of up to 180 cm, as well being protected against water and dust. All of these benefits come in an ergonomic and sleek form factor. The tablets flexible configuration port also provides business users with the legacy port options they require in a compact, fully rugged and lightweight form factor.
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 949 7750
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Panasonic System Communications Company Europe's (PSCEU) goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organisations' efficiency and performance through world leading technology. We help organisations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. With around 350 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV offers high quality products and solutions to ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance to end-users in the areas of remote camera solutions, switchers, studio camera solutions and ENG P2. The VariCam line-up of professional digital video cameras are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) which makes them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offer world leading communication solutions including professional scanners, telephony systems and SIP terminal devices.
- Computer Product Solutions help mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, Toughpad business tablets and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic Toughbook had a 67% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and Panasonic Toughpad held a 56% revenue share of sales of rugged business tablets in 2016 (VDC Research, March 2017).
- Industrial Medical Vision provides applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM micro camera solutions. End-users, system integrators or distributors can choose from a range of full product solutions and component vision technology.
- Security Solutions, including video surveillance cameras and recorders, video intercom systems and intruder alarms.
- Visual System Solutions, including projectors and professional displays. Panasonic offers the widest range of Visual products, and leads the European high brightness projector market with a 37.20% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm (FY16 April 2015 - March 2016, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2018, the company has expanded globally and now operates 495 subsidiaries and 91 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.711 billion for the year ended March 31, 2017. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global
-- # # # --
« Back to News