Zebra Technologies participates in Senate hearing on advancement of Internet of Things
Hearing examines use and benefits of IoT and infrastructure needs to advance IoT in rural America
LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., USA — Nov. 20, 2017 — Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, participated in the Nov. 7 Senate hearing on advancing the Internet of Things (IoT) in rural communities before the Communications, Technology, Innovation and Internet Subcommittee.
Mike Terzich, Chief Administrative Officer of Zebra Technologies, discussed how Zebra is a global leader in bringing enterprise IoT solutions to the Business-to-Business (B2B) and Business-to-Government (B2G) markets. Zebra leads the growing category of Enterprise Asset Intelligence which describes the ability of businesses to track critical assets within their operations and to know exactly what they are, where they are and their condition so they can make smarter, faster decisions that improve their bottom line.
- Zebra works with companies across multiple industries in rural America and around the world that recognize the transformational role of IoT solutions in addressing a variety of strategic, operational and business challenges.
- In manufacturing, automation provided by enterprise mobile computers delivers instant access to data which is essential to ensuring the production process operates smoothly.
- For retail, the shift to IoT technologies is an industry imperative to keep up with the shopping habits and expectations of consumers for a seamless shopping experience.
- For the movement of goods by the transportation & logistics (T&L) industry, companies must leverage IoT solutions to maintain visibility that is critical to customer service, quality assurance and traceability.
- With the right IoT solution, healthcare professionals can integrate with electronic health record (EHR) systems to minimize medication and laboratory errors while maximizing patient safety and improving the quality of care.
- Click here for a recording of the subcommittee hearing.
Mike Terzich, Chief Administrative Officer, Zebra Technologies
"For companies in rural America to successfully utilize our B2B IoT solutions, there is one universal, vital resource — they must have unfettered access to quality, high-speed broadband, both wireline and wireless. Without investment in broadband infrastructure in rural communities, companies, healthcare providers, and consumers will be left behind. Spectrum is the lifeblood of IoT, and that is no different for business IoT solutions."
With the unparalleled operational visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information — gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services — give organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today's data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Therese Van Ryne
Industry Analyst Contact
-- # # # --
« Back to News