Zebra Marks 35th Anniversary of Barcode Printer Line by Introducing Next Generation of Intelligent Printers
New thermal desktop, mobile printers and printer software suite offer businesses better device manageability, productivity and performance
LINCOLNSHIRE, ILL, USA — October 4, 2017 — Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, today announced the next generation of thermal desktop and mobile printers 35 years after introducing its first barcode printer known as the "Zebra® Printer". The new printers are enabled by Print DNA, a software suite of applications, utilities and developer tools. Zebra's new ZD420/ZD620 thermal transfer desktop printers, ZQ320 Series mid-range mobile printers and Print DNA software suite together help companies sense and analyze the status and performance of their printer fleet in real time. The new line of barcode printers and printer software deliver a superior printing experience through better performance, simplified remote management and easier integration.
- As part of the extended Zebra DNA capabilities, the company is introducing Print DNA — a suite of software capabilities, applications and tools powered by the intelligent Link-OS® environment. Print DNA is comprised of visibility, productivity, development and management tools that differentiate the enterprise capabilities of Zebra mobile, desktop and industrial printers.
- Print DNA enables businesses to easily install and upgrade next-generation printers into existing network infrastructures, integrate new technologies, allow for cloud connectivity and provide a common, customizable platform for custom application solution development.
- Both the ZD420 and ZD620 "smart" thermal printers are designed with simplicity of use in mind and provide best-in-class print speeds while maintaining premium print quality for fast-paced retail, healthcare and manufacturing environments. The printers also provide businesses with features that include multiple connectivity options and backwards-compatibility with legacy Zebra desktop printers to help best meet the user's needs.
- The ZD420 and ZD620 offer an intuitive user interface with LED status icons so users can save time and easily see what's needed to keep printers up and running, from resolving printer issues to replenishing media. The ZD620 is available with an optional keypad user interface for easy configuration and a color LCD display that clearly indicates printer status and errors for the immediate resolution of issues.
- The ZQ320 Series mid-range mobile printer offers both receipt and label capabilities along with enhanced wireless connectivity, battery and power management options. Designed to meet customer needs, a stylish option is available for customer-facing retail applications while a more industrial option is ideal for transportation and logistics, manufacturing and government applications.
- In addition, the ZQ320 family of printers offer the industry's first Bluetooth Printer Management solution as part of Print DNA. This enables businesses to update, monitor and troubleshoot their Bluetooth-connected printers in real-time with an Android device and Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution.
"With the introduction of its first barcode printer in 1982, Zebra opened the door for identification and visibility of physical assets across the enterprise, two key building blocks for today's digital revolution. Zebra continues to build on its legacy of print innovation by investing in the future of intelligent printing as well as mobile computing to help businesses increase operational visibility and productivity"
Public Relations Specialist
+1 631 552 5256
-- # # # --
« Back to News